Monterey, CA…It’s never been easier to explore the acclaimed Monterey Bay Aquarium – or to share the experience with friends and family.
A postcard feature lets app users create e-postcards with custom messages they write or with whimsical, pre-written captions for social sharing. The app includes a library of beautiful professional images for the e-postcards. Guests can also create the postcards from images they shoot during their visit.
“We’re always looking for new ways to help people connect with the amazing animals in our exhibits, and to share their excitement with friends,” said David Rosenberg, director of guest experience for the aquarium. “The app is a fun way get creative and to take in everything that’s going on at the aquarium.”
Other key features of the app:
• An option to set reminders before the start of a favorite feeding show, special event or any of the daily programs offered throughout the aquarium.
• Photos and background information about popular exhibit animals, from sea otters and octopuses to penguins and seahorses.
• A checklist of major exhibits so visitors can track what they’ve seen and which galleries and exhibits they haven’t yet explored.
• Tips on how to get more out of a visit, and aquarium information including operating hours, main phone number and driving directions.
• Options to stay connected on Facebook or to receive an E-newsletter after a visit.
Visitors can get full access to all of the mobile app features using the aquarium’s free high-speed Wi-Fi network
The Aquarium app is compatible with any iPhone, iPod touch and iPad with iOS version 5.0 or later. Accessing these devices to download data through a cellular network (rather than Wi-Fi) may result in usage charges.
No Android version of the app is currently available, though one may be developed in the future.
The mission of the Monterey Bay Aquarium is to inspire conservation of the oceans.